The vehicle tracking in real time with the GPS system with all Telematics functions.
The Emergency Operations Management GPS System is a special system developed for emergency teams like ambulance, police, fire department and the command centers managing these teams. The GPS system consists of a call center, voice recording system, operation management software, digital mapping applications, GPS vehicle tracking and mobile data communication systems. All these GPS systems and software functions are operating in a fully integrated manner. Thanks to the GPS tracking system the whole process, from the moment of the emergency call to the termination of the operation, can be managed without fail. The GPS system generally consists of the following models:
• Emergency Operation Management Software
• Call Center System
• Voice Recording System
• Digital Maps and Digital Mapping Applications
• Tracking and Orientation through GPS Satellites and Data Communications System via Mobile Computers
• Coordination with related central Units
• Computer and network hardware
• Design and technical infrastructure of the command control center
Emergency Operation Management Software
• By means of GPS system, from the incoming emergency call to the termination of the event, the whole process can be recorded and controlled. Switchboard integration allows all calls to be taken and managed through computers.
• With this GPS system, the incoming calls and the communication with related units can be followed constantly and immediately. Standard data entry prevents incorrect or incomplete data entries.
• Teams and other units can be directed according to their actual situations.
• Besides standard reports, necessary statistical data can be collected and used for future planning.
Call Center System
A custom-made integrated call center system, in which all telephone operations are conducted through computers, has been developed.
• The numbers of incoming calls are checked and previously conducted tasks can be listed immediately. In case the necessary connections are established, the address information of landlines can be accessed automatically.
• Thousands of telephone numbers for incoming calls and user-specific speed dial buttons can be identified to the GPS system. The number of waiting calls can be seen on-line.
• Thanks to the Black List feature, most of the “Irrelevant” calls are prevented and the number of incoming calls can be reduced significantly.
Voice Recording System
• All incoming calls can be recorded from the moment they reach the switchboard and radio interactions with the teams can also be recorded.
• Voice recordings operate in an integrated manner with the system. Not only search can be done by many criteria such as date, time, operator, telephone number, but also voice recordings belonging to the relevant event can be accessed directly by matching voice recordings with protocol numbers.
Digital Maps and Digital Mapping Applications
• Unknown addresses can be searched on digital maps.
• When the GPS coordinates of the venue are entered, the exact spot of the address can be determined.
• The job of finding addresses is facilitated by the addition of the important reference points to the map.
• The venue of the event can be marked on the map and conveyed to the teams.
Tracking and Orientation through GPS Satellites and Data Communications System via Mobile Computers
• With the special "Arvento Mobile Data Device / proffesional GPS deviece" relevant vehicles can be tracked on the maps 24/7 via GPS satellites and systems. Their speed, departure times, locations and durations of stops can be tracked.
• Emergency software’s (GPS tracking system) allow the addresses to be conveyed to the teams in written; besides, with the coordinates the location of the emergency can be shown on the map. Using the mobile computers, photos of the emergency scene can be taken and immediately sent to the command control center.
• The teams can send their task forms to the center on-line. Written messages can be exchanged between the center and the teams.
Coordination with Central Units
At the time of the emergency, the relevant center can be contacted via internet/GPS software and updated information about the venue and the situation can be conveyed. For example, with the 103 Emergency Operation Management System of the Ministry of Health, the number of available beds in hospitals and information about the personnel on duty at the time of the emergency can be received from the command control center. Thanks to the monitors installed in hospitals, information about the case can be conveyed automatically while the ambulance is on its way; consequently the hospital is informed in advance and the necessary preparations can be made while the patient is still traveling. Information about the patients regarding their stay in the hospital can be tracked on-line and retroactively. The GPS/Telenatics system also allows the appointments and work plans necessary for the transportation of a patient to be tracked over the program. Patient transport vehicles are tracked via GPS satellites and can be checked at all times.
Computer and Network Hardware
All kinds of hardware and software such as servers, computers, power sources, network infrastructure necessary for the GPS/Telematics system are being projected after on-site analysis and delivered as turn-key projects. Special hardware and software for security and back-up are available and all records are regularly backed-up.
Design and Technical Infrastructure of the Command Control Center
Various solutions about the whole internal design of the Command Control Center room, electrical and data infrastructure, operator and supervisor desks, large screen display units and such are offered within the project.
Who Can Use This System?
The Emergency Operation Management System or Ministry of emergency cases and all public or private institutions involved in emergency management can use this GPS/Telematics system.
Award - winning project
The project has won IBM’s "Project of the Year" award in 2007.